Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Soldering Gear

Among several tools that I need for the project, I purchased soldering tools first:
I will be soldering for the front panel interface.

Actually, they will be used first to fix my car. My '93 Honda Civic (bought brand new in high school, thanks to my family moving back to Japan) is showing an age. Ever since we moved down to Louisiana in 2007 my car has been refusing to start (engine cranks but won't start) in hot weather under sun. And Louisiana gets pretty hot humid during June-Sept. It starts fine in the morning, but would not start in the afternoon... I've shown it to a couple mechanics, and neither had any idea of why. So, it happened again this past week (we get nice 80°F+ weather in early March) so I actually did a web search and found a website called Honda Acura E R. And whaddayaknow, its front page says "Main Relay Problem and Other Intermittent Starting Problems and Solutions." Ha, so it's not just me and my car, it's a common problem with Honda.

So, I studied the website a bit and concluded that I can fix it myself with a soldering iron and I need to get it anyway! So, I'll be working on this, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment